This is a great month for expressing your gratitude towards others. Here is a short list of those you can express your gratitude: Your spouse, significant other, people you work with, a mentor, friends, Pastors, Priests, Rabbis, parents, relatives, neighbors, children and God.
Here are 7 ways to express your gratitude towards others:
1) Handwritten Note or Letter. We seem to have gotten away from handwritten notes and letters with the advent of the computer. One thing I have noticed is that people keep handwritten notes and letters. They usually delete electronic notes.
2) Send a Greeting Card. There is just something about getting something snail mail these days. We are used to getting a bunch of junk mail. The person you send this to will enjoy getting something different in the mail and you will probably make their day.
3) Text or Email. Sometimes just a quick text or email to someone saying you were thinking about them and are thankful for them is a pick me up.
4) Make a Video or send a picture. Today it is so easy to shoot a quick video on your phone and send it. The other idea is to find a picture of a special time with that person and send it to them with a note.
5) Post on Social Media. Post a quick message letting them know you are grateful for something they did for you.
6) Record an audio message or voice mail. This is easy to do today with a variety of apps. Record a quick message and make their day. You could even go old school and record the message on a CD.
7) Send Flowers. There used to be a commercial that said “say it with flowers”. Flowers tend to brighten up a room and touch women’s hearts.
Bonus: At Thanksgiving Dinner go around the table and say what and whom you are especially thankful for this year and why.
Have fun sharing your gratitude this month.