Have you ever wondered what to do when you get hungry and you are between meals? What do you do to control your appetite? Here are some simple ideas to help you.
7 Ideas to Curb Your Appetite
1. Eat a handful of almonds. Almonds influence the production of hormones involved in the hunger-satiety cycle. They give you a feeling of fullness. They are also considered by many to be a superfood.
2. Drink Cold Water. Drink 2 glasses of cold water. You will benefit from hydrating and flushing your body and it will make you feel full. Some times when you feel hungry you are actually dehydrated.
3. Eat a spoonful of peanut butter or almond butter. Peanut butter and almond butter are chock full of healthy monounsaturated fat. These fats will tend to make you feel full. Make sure to use a natural peanut butter.
4. Try putting butter in your coffee. The best butter to use is natural grass fed butter like Kerrygold butter. You can also add coconut oil. Use a hand held blender to blend the 3 together in a separate large cup. Pour the mix in to a coffee cup and to get a little bit more of a health benefit sprinkle ceylon cinnamon on top. This coffee will keep you feeling full for several hours.
5. Eat dark chocolate. Make sure it is high quality dark chocolate. Dark chocolate is full of antioxidants. A couple of bits will take your sweet tooth away too.
6. Eat slices of avocado. Avocados are also very high in monounsaturated fat and have many other health benefits.
7. Eat a hard boiled egg. Eggs are high in protein. Studies have shown that eggs can help control hunger for 24 hours.
Try these ideas when you get hungry between meals. You will find that they will curb your hunger and help you to eat less between meals.